1. Pick a place close to your actual rehearsal. This will cut down on wasted time and people getting lost.
2. Pick something that is a little bit casual without being too casual. You want your bridal party and guests to relax a bit before the big day.
3. You are not required to spend an outrageous amount of money on the food and drinks. It is ok to have a buffet dinner and no alcohol for drinks. If it is at a restaurant you can have non alcoholic drinks and they can go to the bar for the rest if they want it. (after all do you really want your wedding party drinking a ton the night before your wedding?)
4. Make sure you are in a private or semi private room. You will want to enjoy yourself and not feel like you are interrupting others.
5. Pick a place you enjoy the food.
6. Take into consideration who is paying for the wedding and their food tastes.
7. Hand out wedding party/parent gifts before dinner begins.
8. Say a short (3-5 min) thank you to all who are there.
9. If you are not inviting all out of town family host a separate Meet & Greet for them.
10. Grandparents should be included in the rehearsal guest list.
Finally DO NOT plan to stay out late but DO plan to enjoy yourself. This is a great time to just relax and enjoy your friends and close family before the busy wedding day. Enjoy it! Remember it!