1. Make sure you spend a few days together enjoying your special time. This is a moment that will be just for the two of you. Enjoy it, Reveal in it!
2. After you have taken some time begin to tell family and friends but do not allow yourself to get too wrapped up in the excitement and start to make commitments to anyone. Additionally make sure all family and close friends know that you want to tell people so to please NOT post things on social media till you get a chance to. The last thing you want is someone finding out before you get a chance to tell them yourself.
3. Work on a budget (stay tuned for a post next week about some simple steps to starting one). By creating a budget before you start planning will help shape the types of wedding professionals you meet with. You do not want to book a venue or professional that will throw your entire budget out of whack.
4. Consult with a wedding planner (we offer a 1 hour complimentary consultation). Professional Wedding Planners can save you money, time and stress. We do not need to sort thru 20 pages of google results to find the right bakery, photographer or florist for you. We know many professionals that we have worked with and trust that we can recommend. Additionally, many will give you discounts.
5. Enjoy the process. Spend at least 2 nights a week with your fiance where you DO NOT talk about the planning process. Where you just have a date night out. Enjoying your time with each other.